Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What's in a name?



I wonder if Shakespeare understood the challenge of naming your children? This picture taken at Grandpa Kimball's 90th birthday a few months ago shows Taylor with his two name sakes. Taylor was named after his great grandfather (Ralph Taylor) and his grandfather (K. Randall). We didn't have a name for little T until after he was born. Now I just hope he can live up to the name that he was given.Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Emily said...

That's so neat. Noah's first name is David. There are a million Davids in my family, but he's named after my HUSBAND David. A lot to live up to.

Jeni said...

At least he's got the resemblance part down :-) And knowing the men on both sides of your families, he doesn't stand much of a chance of being anything BUT great! P.S. Has Nick approved the music that is playing on your blog? (It is currently on Jum Brickman's "Christophori's Dream, ask him about it :-) )

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I like family names. My boys middle names are family names. What a great picture of the namesakes.

Stef said...

Cute picture, I didn't even have my camera that day, I don't know what I was thinking!

BenandLisaGrimm said...

we should go to a park sometime. That would be fun. I met a girl from your ward today. Lindsay Anderson. She married one of my husbands friends. What a small world! My email is grimmsby5@gmail.com email me and we can plan something!

Stef said...

Update, update please! :)