Taylor, who is 5 1/2 months old, has never slept through the night. As a result I have not slept through the night. This past week has been especially bad with both Taylor and Brooklyn up several times a night. This morning after another sleepless night Nick came home from his early morning church meeting and with one glance around the house sent me to bed. I protested but he was firm. He called the Bishop and told him he was needed at home and to call him there if he had questions. While I was asleep he cleaned the kitchen, feed the children breakfast, got Taylor down for a nap, gave Brooklyn a bath and got her ready for church. He then packed the diaper bag, made lunch and got Taylor ready for church all while keeping Brooklyn entertained (a difficult feat on it's own.) After church he started dinner, entertained Brooklyn and Taylor and did the dishes after dinner. The more I protested to help the more he said, "No I've got it."
I am not sure why I was fortunate to marry such a man but I want you to know I am gratiful for him. Nick, you are my best friend. I love you and will love you forever and always. Thanks for being a real man.

10 comments:
Jen...I just found your blog by chance...hope you don't mind. Good job..cute pictures..cute family!..Jen M
Oh, that is so awesome. What a good hubby you have!
I am glad you've joined the blogging world so we can see what's going on with you guys. I feel like we haven't seen you forever, and it will get even more far and in between since we live out of state. Hope all is well!
That brought tears to my eyes. There is almost nothing better to me than a man who sees a need and takes care of it, no matter what it is. Way to go Nick!
I feel blessed to have a great husband too. It makes me happy to know that my friends have good husbands too. What a guy! You need to send Brooklyn over to play when Taylor is napping, that way you can nap too!
There is no doubt in my mind that our generation of men is the best ever. I don't like to imagine living in a time with more separation of roles. More crossover affords greater understanding and compassion. Kudos to Nick for being not only a good husband and father, but a good person in general.
You have a GREAT hubby Jen. You really are very lucky!! I totally understand the single mom life. Call if you ever want to chat!! :)
I have also been blessed with a great husband that sees a need and takes care of it. Lately it has been the laundry that Justin has been taking care of. But he is getting extreme. He sees two pieces of laundry in any of our baskets and thinks he needs to wash it. HA! Anyway I love not having to worry about everything. I agree with Marie-we have been blessed with a great generation of men. Lauri
Aw, he really is a great guy. We are all lucky to have him in our lives!
I found your blog by accident too! It will be fun to keep up with you this way. Nick is a great guy and it is wonderful when they can see what needs to be done and take care of it. I am lucky to have that too and it is not something to take for granted.
Angie
Nick is a real man. His testimony of the gospel is in my top 5 (can I do that?) and he is pretty dang funny, too.
Post a Comment